In this Podcast we discuss ( SPOILER ALERT )
- [05:20] Rui Shares his motivation for becoming an entrepreneur.
- [06:33] We find out what Rui learnt from “Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of NIKE” by Phil knight (link below)
- [11:00] We learn more about the “Bright Ideas” initiative and Jerks
- [14:44] Rui explains how market research has effected his business
- [16:25] We learn what to do if there is a lack of information available to complete market research for your idea.
- [17:40] Rui explains how Jerks will be funded and about the pitching process.
- [21:50] We get some ideas on how to improve cash flow.
- [25:00] We find out what you can do, if you spot an idea out side of an industry that you have any experience in.
- [26:00] We learn how to ensure quality while franchising your busies.
- [28:00] Rui shares his trade show experiences and if trade shows could benefit you.
- [33:40] Rui explains how he will open 15 stores within the next 5 years.
- [34:54] We find out what the biggest challenge Rui has faced in business so far.
- [37:58] “Everything is negotiable, if you find someone that is willing to do it”
- [42:11] Rui shares what he learnt from his biggest failure.
- [46:10] We find out the best way for you to fund your business.
- [51:15] Rui explains his thoughts on business exit strategies.
- [53:40] We learn if it is a good idea to stay in your job while working on your idea.
- [54:20] Rui shares the best advice that he ever received.
You will learn
- What to do if your market research is inconclusive.
- Why it is important to negotiate everything in business.
- How franchising could help you expand your business.
- There are 20 “Eat at Jerks for free” vouchers up for grabs. For a chance to win, simply tweet us @DiversityAllStr with hashtag #ILoveJerks. The first 20 tweets will win.
Links and resources mentioned
- More from Rui Daniel Jamie
- Recommended reading
- “Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of NIKE” by Phil knight (affiliate link)
- Recommended videos
Tweet #DiversityAllStar to discuss the show on twitter or leave your comments below.
Kind regards, Lisimba.
P.S. If you liked this episode, I’d really appreciate it if your used the buttons below to share it with your friends. Thanks in advance.