Morts & More have spent years sourcing the best fabric and finest tailors and creating from scratch, perfectly fitted and designed suits and shirts, bespoke for their clients’ needs. Morts & More aim to be the go to tailor for the style conscious professional.
In this Podcast we discuss ( SPOILER ALERT )
- [02:00] An introduction to Morts & More
- [04:20] We learn how Sena & Joshua came together, and more about their first business venture
- [07:10] We find out how MyTailoredSuit came to an end, and why Sena & Joshua decided to rebrand their business
- [09:20] What is Savile Row?
- [11:10] Things to look for in choosing a business partner
- [14:30] Is it a good idea to get into business with a friend?
- [17:00] People that inspire both Sena & Joshua
- [18:40] We find out about a strategy that Sena & Joshua have learnt, and are implementing in their business now.
- [25:40] A typical business day for Morts & More
- [30:55] How being the face of your brand, can help you win in business
- [36:20] We learn how YouTube can open doors for your business
- [38:30] We find out why persistence with Instagram, can help your business
- [40:25] YouTube tips for your business
- [44:00] Do you need a mentor?
- [47:00] How Morts & More, found their mentor
- [49:00] We find how well Morts & More is doing in business
- [50:51] Things Sena & Joshua wish they knew, before they got started in business
- [53:00] We hear a story about one of Morts & More’s business mistakes.
- [57:40] How a fashion show works, and if it’s worthwhile
- [1:04] How you can use social media to push your fashion brand
You will learn
- How being the face of your brand, can help you win in business
- If your mentor is always right
- How you can use social media to push your fashion brand
Links and resources mentioned
- More from Morts & More
- Recommended reading (affiliate links)
- Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action by Simon Sinek
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids about Money – That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! by Robert T Kiyosaki
- Trump: The Art of the Deal Paperback – by Donald Trump
- Losing My Virginity Paperback – by Sir Richard Branson
- What You See Is What You Get: My Autobiography Paperback – by Alan Sugar
- Outliers: The Story of Success Paperback – by Malcolm Gladwell
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable Paperback – by Seth Godin
- Morts & More Videos
- Research the fashion industry and look for a company doing big things.
- Contact this company, to see if there is any synergy between what you want to do, and what they offer.
- Research suppliers within the fashion industry, and learn the process of getting things made.
- Speak to people in the industry, and find out how they got into the industry.
- Make samples and share these with friends and family to get feedback.
- Use social media to test your designs. Put your designs on Instagram and see how many people like your designs.
Tweet #DiversityAllStar to discuss the show on twitter, or to ask our guests a question.