Dean Carby is the founder of VNV Live, an innovative live events company specialising in professional audio, lighting and staging services for private, public & corporate events. Covering a range of events including corporate conferences, club nights, weddings, birthday parties, music shows and more.
In this Podcast we discuss ( SPOILER ALERT )
- [01:47] An introduction to Dean Carby and VNV Live
- [04:45] What VNV Stands for
- [07:28] How to make the transition into doing business with the corporate world
- [11:52] We learn how friends and family became Deans’ for clients
- [15:05] How to go about charging friends and family for your services
- [19:50] We explore VNV Pricing
- [22:55] We ask Dean if he regrets charging low prices, when he first started his business.
- [29:48] Dean shares how long VNV Live has been going
- [31:22] Dean discusses if you should do business for free
- [35:26] We hear a story from one of Deans’ mistakes in business
- [44:50] We find out more about disqualifying clients
- [48:55] Dean shares things he knows now, that we wishes he knew in the beginning
- [51:10] The importance of following up with prospects
- [57:41] We explore why you need to know your prices
- [1:04:45] Why you should become known for something, or risk being forgotten
You will learn
- How to go about charging friends and family for your services
- The importance of following up with prospects
- If you should do business for free.
Links and resources mentioned
- More from Dean Carby & VNV Live
- Recommended Books (Affiliate Links)
- Inspirational people to follow
- Aim to read at least one book per quarter, in your field or industry in business.
- Bi-weekly, try and find and attend networking events related to the field or industry you operate in.
Tweet #DiversityAllStar to discuss the show on twitter.