Dean Carby is the founder of VNV Live, an innovative live events company specialising in professional audio, lighting and staging services for private, public & corporate events. Covering a range of events including corporate conferences, club nights, weddings, birthday parties, music shows and more.
2017 will be the year of the camera presenter! Lol. Lots more people will be making their mark online. Remember where you heard it first! Lol. Our own series; Wedding Wednesday will be much better this year and it will be back very very soon. Search VNV Live LTD on YouTube for previous episodes! #theweddingguys #weddingwednesday #industryexperts #canon #rodemic #presenting #vnvlive #youtube
In this Podcast we discuss ( SPOILER ALERT )
- [01:47] An introduction to Dean Carby and VNV Live
- [04:45] What VNV Stands for
- [07:28] How to make the transition into doing business with the corporate world
- [11:52] We learn how friends and family became Deans’ for clients
- [15:05] How to go about charging friends and family for your services
- [19:50] We explore VNV Pricing
- [22:55] We ask Dean if he regrets charging low prices, when he first started his business.
- [29:48] Dean shares how long VNV Live has been going
- [31:22] Dean discusses if you should do business for free
- [35:26] We hear a story from one of Deans’ mistakes in business
- [44:50] We find out more about disqualifying clients
- [48:55] Dean shares things he knows now, that we wishes he knew in the beginning
- [51:10] The importance of following up with prospects
- [57:41] We explore why you need to know your prices
- [1:04:45] Why you should become known for something, or risk being forgotten
You will learn
- How to go about charging friends and family for your services
- The importance of following up with prospects
- If you should do business for free.
Links and resources mentioned
- More from Dean Carby & VNV Live
- Recommended Books (Affiliate Links)
- Inspirational people to follow
- Aim to read at least one book per quarter, in your field or industry in business.
- Bi-weekly, try and find and attend networking events related to the field or industry you operate in.
Tweet #DiversityAllStar to discuss the show on twitter.