Bola Yusuff is the founder of International Tax Search, a recruitment company that specialises in the search of high calibre U.S. International Tax professionals across North America and Europe. Clients include Big 4 Firms, Boutique CPA Firms and International Law Firms.
Bola specialises in helping Senior level U.S International Tax professionals into career enhancing job opportunities.
In this Podcast we discuss ( SPOILER ALERT )
- [02:30] An introduction to Bola Yusuff
- [02:50] Bola explains why he became an entrepreneur
- [04:00] We find out if social class is a barrier to becoming successful
- [05:54] Bola shares his experience as a Black Entrepreneur
- [07:52] Is being an entrepreneur a talent?
- [10:50] We find out about Bolas’ last job, and how it helped to shape his business
- [12:15] Why you should get paid to learn your craft
- [14:00] How important is sales experience in starting your business
- [15:15] How to obtain the skills you are lacking or resources you are missing
- [17:30] Why it is important to think BIG in business
- [20:50] Should you “fake it, until you make it”, when starting out in business
- [23:00] How to build integrity with high profile clients
- [25:00] Why you need a contract in place with your clients
- [27:30] We explore how doing business with the US, differs from the UK
- [32:59] Bola shares what is working in promoting his business
- [39:00] We find out if Bola is the face of his business
- [40:00] Is there a place for CVs in the future?
- [42:19] How to maintain a long-term relationship with your clients
- [45:00] How as a small business, you can compete with larger brands, and win
- [47:45] Who controls the money – Why you need to know, how your business make money, in detail
- [50:30] Is it OK for your business not to make a profit in the first year?
- [51:40] How long do you give your business, until you give up on your idea
- [58:55] Some advice for professionals, from ethnic minorities
Key points you will learn
- Why it is important to think BIG in business
- Should you “fake it, until you make it”, when starting out in business
- How as a small business, you can compete with larger brands, and win
Links and resources mentioned
- More from International Tax Search
- You can email Bola at email@example.com
- Recommended reading (affiliate link):
In order to start a recruitment company, get a job with a recruitment company and learn their processes. You will also learn if this is something you want to pursue.
Tweet #DiversityAllStar to discuss the show on twitter.