Dr Clare Anyiam-Osigwe is a multi-awarded ethical beauty entrepreneur and founder of Premae Skincare, the world’s first 100% allergen-friendly beauty brand, first originating from her kitchen in North London. Clare has won 16 Awards in four years, including royal recognition, a B.E.M from HM The Queen.
In this Podcast we discuss ( SPOILER ALERT )
- [01:47] An introduction to Dr Clare Anyiam-Osigwe
- [04:11] Clare shares her secret to getting so many awards
- [07:06] Clare talks about her most memorable award
- [09:14] We find out how awards have opened doors for Premae Skincare
- [13:22] How you can build trust with your audience, before you win an award.
- [15:36] How to remain accessible to your clients while trying to scale your business
- [17:05] We learn about the size of Premae Skincare
- [18:22] What to do if your not a BOSS
- [21:00] How you can motivate staff through intensive schemes and passing on ownership
- [24:45] Dr Clare Anyiam-Osigwe shares her reasons for going in to business
- [27:17] We learn more about the challenges Premae has faced in business
- [30:35] We find out if it is an advantage or disadvantage to be a black entrepreneur
- [38:39] Knowing your target market
- [40:10] Clare shares why she got started with Premae
- [44:00] What is Harley Street
- [46:00] How to start a Skincare Range
- [50:30] Clare shares what she wishes she knew before she started in business
- [53:19] We find out who inspires Clare
- [55:42] Clare shares what is working in promoting Premae
Key points you will learn
- How awards can help open doors for your brand
- How to motivate your staff or your team
- How to Start a Skincare Range
Links and resources mentioned
- More from Dr Clare Anyiam-Osigwe
- Recommended links:
- Inspirational people to follow:
Reach out to 5 or 10 companies in your industry, and use your education to support an entrepreneur in your field, even if it is unpaid. By offering your services and working within your desired industry, you will learn new skills and gain a better understanding of if is the right industry for you.
Tweet #DiversityAllStar to discuss the show on twitter.