In this Podcast we discuss ( SPOILER ALERT )
- [03:00] What it means to Luti to be an entrepreneur
- [07:30] “Oh f*** how we going to do this s*** that we said we are actually going to do!”
- [09:20] We learn more about the Luti Media business model
- [14:30] “Clients aren’t supposed to know, in my belief, what they want necessarily. They should be more focused on what they want to achieve”
- [15:44] We found out how Luti got started in business
- [17:27] “I broke that catch 22 by going to America”
- [18:17] We learn how Luti’s family felt about him dropping out of education
- [19:49] “There was so much more to be learned, working for NIKE and Channel 4, on a real production, than writing a 10,000 word thesis”
- [20:44] “You got to learn your craft, you got to get it to a certain level”
- [21:55] “To be an entrepreneur, you got to make stuff happen”
- [26:30] We find out if it’s a smart idea to dive head first into business
- [28:23] “Quit your job!”
- [29:30] “Do it, do it, Just do it”
- [31:42] What Luti learnt from Larry Bird (via his brother)
- [32:10] “At the point where anyone else would quit, your going to push even further”
- [34:40] We learn how Luti used his background to actually overcome challenges with race
- [43:30] We learn about the power of the black dollar
- [46:00] Doing business in Africa
- [47:20] Luti’s biggest failure
- [51:07] “Until my 10 year old self is happy, I ain’t done”
- [52:10] What Luti learnt from Jamie Foxx
- [56:00] “The only thing that is stopping you …”
You will learn
- When to leave work to pursue your entrepreneurial dreams.
- About the strength of the black community in the USA.
- How a common failure, could become your biggest strength.
Links and resources mentioned
- More from Luti Fagbenle
- Recommended reading
- Drive: the Story of My Life by Larry Bird (affiliate link)
- Recommended videos
Kind regards, Lisimba.
P.S. If you liked this episode, I would really appreciate it if your used the buttons below to share it with your friends. Tweet #DiversityAllStar to discuss the show on twitter or leave your comments below. Thanks in advance.